What’s the best way to celebrate National Margarita Day?
With a Chocolate Margarita of course! To encourage your customers to participate in National Margarita Day on the 22nd February simply follow my favourite recipe below. Combine it with chocolate to celebrate World Chocolate Day too on the 9th February and encourage upselling throughout the month of February to help banish the winter blues.
When it comes to chocolate cocktails, adding complementary flavours such as citrus makes it a little more interesting. Both tequila and orange juice are natural companions to chocolate. By adding just a hint of orange and lime, it goes beyond simply drinking spiked chocolate.
- 1 cup ice
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce cream (or half and half)
- Splash orange juice (fresh)
- Splash lime juice (fresh)
- Dash chocolate bitters
- Garnish: sugar and cocoa powder (for rim)
- Garnish: shaved chocolate
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Rim a margarita glass: Begin by mixing equal parts of sugar and cocoa powder in a small dish until it becomes a consistent brown colour. Then wet the rim with a piece of citrus fruit by running it around the edge. Roll the wet rim in the cocoa sugar to get an even coat all the way around. Tap off any excess.
- In a blender, add the ice, tequila, chocolate liqueur, cream, and bitters. Squeeze in a splash each of orange and lime juices.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared glass.
- Top with chocolate shavings.
- Serve and enjoy!
To let your customers know you have this amazing cocktail add a simple show card to your tables with a printed cocktail menu.. https://www.bhma.co.uk/acrylic-showcard-base
Recipe credit – The Spruce Eats, Photo credit – S&C Design Studios