Get ready for the increase custom throughout August. The Chancellor is determined to help Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs and Hotels with a whopping 50% discount.
How will the ‘eat out to help out’ scheme work?
Here’s what we know about how the scheme will work so far, from the customers point of view. The Chancellor will update us all.
- You’ll be able to get a 50% discount on sit-down meals and non-alcoholic drinks if you’re eating in. The total amount you get off the bill will be capped at £10 per person, per meal (Takeaways won’t be discounted).
- You’ll only be able to get the discount at participating restaurants, cafes and pubs. Firms can apply online Monday 13th July, and; the Government says a full list of those participating business’ will be published on it’s website shortly. Major eateries are likely to join the scheme, but; at the moment it is not yet known.
- The discount will apply on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays only. It will run throughout August 2020.
- You’ll be able to use the discount as many times as you want. There’s no limit, as long as it is on the three days.
- Your discount will be applied automatically when you pay. So; you won’t need to do anything to get it – the restaurant, cafe or pub will simply apply the reduction, then claim the cost back from the Government via their online gateway..
- Crucially, you WILL be able to use the discount in conjunction with other vouchers. This is important, particularly because many restaurants already offer discounts early in the week. The Government discount will be applied after the other vouchers – so if you use a restaurant voucher, you’ll get a 50% discount on the already-discounted price.
From a business point of view, you need to think it through, will your current vouchers stay in place for use throughout August? Do you have social distancing requirements in place to enjoy the additional trade that will come your way? BHMA can help you with all the social distancing products to allow you to follow the law and keep both your customers and staff safe. Take some time to consider your needs and then log on to www.bhma.co.uk and look at the headers. To the far right, hover over social distancing and choose the section that you need. Do it now, as there are lots of businesses that will be trying to get ready for the rush.